Friday, July 15, 2011

teaching and such (grade 8 comprehension lesson on HIV)


















The pictures are mainly of my Grade 8 English Class at my main school Mpumba Basic. The lesson was a listening comprehension lesson covering HIV/AIDs. During the lesson we did a transmisson game to show how HIV is easily spread between partners, we did a KWL chart(know, want to know, learn) about what they already knew and wanted to know about HIV/AIDS, we read a composition about HIV and how it is transmited, I used class volunteers to show how the immune system is affected by HIV and we played a true/false game over the contents of the passage. This is how a typical lesson goes in my classes. Me running around, asking for volunteers, having them read to me and making each other laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Rae...you look so in your element. I love you and miss you! BTWs when you get back, I want the second picture down with the hand and pencils...its beautiful. Plus, I love the one of you dancing!!! You're awesome and so very beautiful! =D

    ReplyDelete